When one hears endometriosis you right away think female parts, pain and infertility. But it is much more than that. Endometriosis impacts 1 in 10 women. It’s actually very common but unfortunately due to delayed diagnosis women do not realize they have it until they are planning on starting a family.
My guest is Dr. Jessica Drummond and she specializes in working with women with chronic pelvic pain due to endometriosis. Jessica also facilitates educational programs for women’s health professionals worldwide in addition to leading virtual wellness programs for people with endometriosis.
You may be asking yourself how does endometriosis affect the peri/post menopausal woman? You’ll just have to tune in to find out!
Some of the things we talked about:
- [5:00] Impact influences life trajectory
- [6:15] Genetic Correlation
- [7:45] Welcome! This is What it Is
- [10:55] Predominant Symptom is NOT Period Pain
- [12:20] Growth Outside the Uterus
- [14:15] Endo Belly – constant Bloating
- [16:45] 3 Underlying Root Causes
- [17:05] Autoimmune Component
- [23:10] Masking may help Symptoms but Not Solve Them
- [24:15] Giant Leap
- [25:30] “Can’t Wait Til Menopause” Myth
- [26:08] We NEED our Hormones
- [27:22] Opportunity to optimize Immune Health
About the Guest:
Dr. Jessica Drummond is the CEO of The Integrative Women’s Health Institute and author of Outsmart Endometriosis. She holds licenses in physical therapy and clinical nutrition and is a board certified health coach. She has 20 years of experience working with women with chronic pelvic pain, facilitates educational programs for women’s health professionals in more than 60 countries globally, and leads virtual wellness programs for people with endometriosis. Dr. Drummond lives and works with her husband and daughters between Houston, Texas, and Fairfield, Connecticut.