Dr. Campbell is our guest on today’s episode of Evolving Ageless, Dr. Campbell is a native Chicagoan with a BS and MS from the University of Illinois, a DO degree from the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, and a Family Medicine residency from the Medical College of Georgia. Board certified in Family Medicine for over 25 years, she also holds certification from the American Board of Integrative Medicine. For thirteen years, Dr. Campbell practiced indigent healthcare in a Community Health Center, but since 2005 has championed a solo, concierge-style integrative, holistic, functional medicine-based family practice.
Dr. Campbell has specialty interests– and lectures internationally on– innovative medical practice design and management, community partnerships, Functional Medicine, Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, cardiovascular disease prevention, the oral-systemic
connection, solutions to physician burnout and Vitamin D.
Today we are taking a deep dive into what has the entire nation talking, the Coronavirus. Dr. Campbell shares her expertise on every area of this pandemic that we can’t stop talking about. She is sharing insight on how to prepare for this virus while easing our fears. Dr. Campbell touches on who is more at risk for Corona, ways to prevent Corona, tips for traveling during this time and which supplements you should be taking, just to name a few.
Here is the breakdown of what we talked about.
- [2:42] Dr. Campbell’s overview of Corona
- [7:00] Who is more at risk and why.
- [12:24] Are there 2 strains?
- [13:56] Is this just a winter disease? Three reasons why it could be just that.
- [16:57] Ways to prevent the Coronavirus
- [21:30] Hand Washing – this is the most preventative thing you can be doing!
- [29:08] Ways you can be boosting your immunity
- [34:15] The CDC specifically says to NOT wear face masks.
- [35:33] Dr. Campbell tells us 4 recommended supplements (with a bonus one)
- [39:23] Is it okay to be traveling? Who can travel and what places should you avoid?
- [40:10] What will happen if you catch the coronavirus?
- [42:47] Final thoughts and tips from Dr. Campbell.